Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Galentine's Day!

If anyone watches Parks and Recreation, you'll get me :)

Today I met up with a good friend of mine for brunch along with the hopes of making red velvet pop cakes for the fifth grade class I volunteer for. For brunch Suehee and I went to Coastal Restaurant where they served the fluffiest pancakes everrr. I ordered the blueberry pancakes, mimosa, and one little sad sausage patty while Suehee ordered something (I forgot the name) with spicy eggs and hashbrowns, along with tortillas.


Afterwards, we went two stores away to Victrola Coffee, where Suehee worked on her resume while I read 'Kitchen' by Banana Yoshimoto. It never ceases to amaze me whenever I see pretty foam art made by the baristas.


Once Suehee finished, we went to Pike Place, hoping to find desserts for some kids in my class who are allergic to gluten and soy but failed. While going to Le Panier for macarons, two band members asked us to check out their music which was surprisingly good. Then discovered decorative post-its on the wall of one building and learned the building was having a post-it war with the one across from it. The lighting wasn't great, but the second building (second picture) had great post-it arts too. There was a Krabby from pokemon, Mario, and Ghostbuster. I'd look forward to going to work if I had a post-it art war with the opposite building! How about you?


 Before heading home, I had to buy my favorite ice cream from Molly Moon's: Earl Grey. Woot.


Once we arrived back to my place, Suehee and I chatted while I made the cakepops. It took longer than expected, but I finally finished it. I'm so excited to give it away tomorrow! Thanks Suehee for a fun and wonderful day and taking the pictures with your awesome camera! Hope all of you girls had a great galentine's day and happy valentine's tomorrow!

via tumblr


Sincerely,
annie


No comments:

Post a Comment